Reference: QHSE 03
Position type: Full time
Salary: £40k - £45K
Closing date: 12/10/2018
Brodie Engineering is one of the leading Train Engineering businesses in the UK and we are looking for a highly experienced Compliance Manager to support the business as we move forward.
As a business we pride ourselves on the quality of the work we deliver and because we offer a comprehensive range of refurbishment, maintenance, overhaul and repair services to the UK rail sector that focuses on both passenger trains and specialist infrastructure vehicles, the development and management of all our quality and safety systems is key to our success.
Based in Kilmarnock, we employ around 80 people in our 4 road, 14 vehicle capacity depot and as much of the work we do involves extensive safety critical activity, ensuring compliance with both the rail industry and current QHSE standards is an essential part of the role.
The key requirements of the role are:
- To manage and develop effective, focused and fully integrated Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental systems, processes and procedures that promotes and enhances workplace safety and business operations in accordance with our ISO 9001, ISO 14001, 45001, RISQS and Rail Industry Group standards and compliance.
- To support the business on all QHSE matters and be the primary point of contact for all workplace QHSE.
Day to day responsibilities
- Maintain and improve our QHSE systems ensuring continuous compliance with current standards, legislation and customer requirements.
- Investigation of any workplace incidents, conducting root cause analysis and making recommendations for preventive or corrective actions.
- Co-ordinate and execute any HSE inspections, internal, subcontractor and third party audits.
- Provide Quality Management and HSE operational support to all employees through training initiatives, toolbox talks, and safety meetings etc. that highlight safety responsibilities and actively promote a sustainable safety culture.
- Identify Safety Critical activities within the relevant rail industry standards and work with the Production Manager, Technical Manager and HR Manager to ensure the right level of competency for each project.
- Develop and facilitate HSE risk assessments, ensuring the necessary controls are in place and documented.
- Preparation of audit programmes and plans, carry out internal audits as required for ISO 9001, 14001 45001 and Rail standards including ACOP 1003.
- Preparation and facilitation of any customer audits during the course of projects undertaken and implementation of any actions or recommendations arising.
- Maintenance of all the required records and reports.
- Analysis of agreed KPI’s, reporting and presenting at monthly management meetings any changes or trends that could impact the business e.g., customer complaints, non-conformances, near misses, incidents and damage.
This role is an essential part of our team and we are looking for someone who would not only relish the challenge of coming into a growing SME business, but would also have the passion and enthusiasm to lead and develop our safety culture and quality standards.
We are open-minded about the kind of person who this role would suit, but imagine that you would hold an accredited Quality and / or Safety qualification and have at least 5 years HSE experience gained within an engineering or workshop type environment.with knowledge of welding procedures an advantage.
Experience in the rail or other highly regulated industries would be desirable, but more important is your ability to identify risk, provide and communicate effective resolutions and facilitate improvements across the business.
If you think this is you and you would like to work with us - please send in your CV and give us a flavour of what has attracted you to this role and what your salary expectations would be. If we think we match, we will invite you to meet us and discuss the role in more detail.
Apply for this job using the application form below.