Position type: Full time, 40hrs per week (7.30am - 4.30pm Monday - Thursday, 7.30am - 1.30pm Friday)
Closing date: 24/09/2021
Brodie Engineering: A Leading Rolling Stock Engineering Business offers a comprehensive range of refurbishment, maintenance, overhaul, engineering support, project management, and repair services to the UK rail and light rail sector.
We operate from our depots in Kilmarnock, Scotland and provide a mobile service to the rail industry over the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland.
We are looking to recruit a Painter to prepare and paint rail vehicles, internally and externally to the standards specified in project work instructions.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Painting of rail vehicles, carriages and components within the paint booth
- Working with 2K paints and other associated paint preparation materials
- Using cataloy and other body fillers and operating orbital sanders
- Working as part of a team, completing the necessary paperwork and work instructions
- Promote Brodie Engineering’s behavioural expectations by enhancing and supporting working relationships within the business, customers and external agencies.
- Comply with all Brodie Engineering policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook
- As Brodie Engineering is a small team there will be times when there will be other duties as required through the business's peaks and troughs where flexibility will be vital to our success.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally come from an engineering / commercial environment with experience on rail vehicles
- Must be time served with the relevant qualifications from accredited bodies.
- Good attention to detail – able to identify issues and find ways to rectify them
Apply for this job using the application form below.