Position type: Full time, 37hrs per week
Closing date: 02/07/2021
We are looking to recruit an experienced QHSE Manager* to drive forward our business and develop and manage our quality and safety systems.
*Applications from Experienced QHSE Officers will also be considered.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To manage and develop effective, focused and fully integrated Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental systems, processes and procedures that promotes and enhances workplace safety and business operations in accordance with our ISO 9001, ISO 14001, 45001, RISQS and Rail Industry Group standards and compliance.
- To support the business on all QHSE matters and be the primary point of contact for all workplace QHSE.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Maintain and improve our QHSE systems ensuring continuous compliance with current standards, legislation, and customer requirements.
- Investigation of any workplace incidents, conducting root cause analysis and making recommendations for preventive or corrective actions.
- Co-ordinate and execute any HSE inspections, internal, subcontractor and third-party audits.
- Provide Quality Management and HSE operational support to all employees through training initiatives, toolbox talks, and safety meetings etc. that highlight safety responsibilities and actively promote a sustainable safety culture.
- Identify Safety Critical activities within the relevant rail industry standards and work with the Production Manager, Technical Manager and HR Manager to ensure the right level of competency for each project.
- Develop and facilitate HSE risk assessments, ensuring the necessary controls are in place and documented.
- Preparation of audit programmes and plans, carry out internal audits as required for ISO 9001, 14001 45001 and Rail standards including ACOP 1003.
- Manage Occupational Health & Wellbeing plans.
- Maintenance of all the required records and reports, including business KPI’s.
- You not only relish the challenge of coming into a growing SME business, but also have the passion and enthusiasm to lead and develop our safety culture and quality standards.
- Hold an accredited qualification in Safety and/or Quality plus a minimum of 5 years HSE experience ideally gained within a family run engineering or workshop type environment.
- Experience in the rail or other highly regulated industries would be desirable.
- Strong proven ability in identifying risk, providing, and communicating effective resolutions and improvements across the business.
- Experience of driving and supporting change management programmes.
Apply for this job using the application form below.