Overhaul Fitter (Electrical and Mechanical)
Position type: Full time, 40hrs per week (7.30am - 4.30pm Monday - Thursday, 7.30am - 1.30pm Friday)
Salary: £36831 plus overtime
Closing date: 15/02/2024
Brodie Engineering: A Leading Rolling Stock Engineering Business offers a comprehensive range of refurbishment, maintenance, overhaul, engineering support, project management, and repair services to the UK rail and light rail sector.
We operate from our depots in Kilmarnock, Scotland and provide a mobile service to the rail industry over the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland.
We are looking to recruit an Electrical and Mechanical Overhaul Fitter to provide mechanical services on rail vehicles and rolling stock.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Stripping and building safety critical components in accordance with technical drawings and instructions.
- Fault finding and repair on electrical and mechanical components - e.g actuators, valve and switches etc.
- Door gear overhaul and test.
- Working as part of a team, completing the necessary paperwork and work instructions.
- Comply with all Brodie Engineering policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook.
- Work safety and in accordance with all mandatory requirements.
- Accurate interpretation of engineering drawings and specifications.
- Promote Brodie Engineering’s behavioural expectations by enhancing and supporting working relationships within the business, customers and external agencies.
- As Brodie Engineering is a small team there will be times when there will be other duties as required through the business's peaks and troughs where flexibility will be vital to our success.
The ideal candidate will:
- Come from an engineering background with experience in overhaul and refurbishment of components and timed served with the relevant accredited qualifications.
- Be able to complete all records of actions and operations accurately and to procedures.
- Understand and cares for tools, equipment and PPE as appropriate.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety including bio-hazards, manual handling and Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Ideally have experience of carrying out Mechanical MODS on rail vehicles.
- Experience of Rolling Stock modifications is advantageous along with the ability to read engineering drawings.
- Good attention to detail – able to identify issues and find ways to rectify them.
How to Apply:
If you wish to register your interest or find out more please go to the careers page of our website at: https://brodie-engineering.co.uk/careers/ or telephone Marie Gray, HR Manager on 01563 546280.
In the first instance, please send in your CV and give us a flavour of what has attracted you to this role, if we think we match, we will invite you to meet us and discuss the role in more detail.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates already eligible to work in the UK and no relocation will be available for this role.
Apply for this job using the application form below.