Health and Safety Advisor
Position type: Full time, 37hrs per week
Closing date: 06/04/2021
Main Role Responsibilities & Tasks
To support the QHSE Manager in providing the company with professional expertise on Health, Safety and Environmental matters to manage and develop these areas of activity within the business.
- Support the development of Health, Safety and Environmental targets and objectives to promote continual improvement within the company to and meets its commitments stated in the Environmental, Health, and Safety Policy.
- Adhere to, and promote, all required health, safety and welfare policies that are established by the company
- Administration of computer and database systems, including maintenance of records and preparation of documents or issue
- Support and participate in HS&E activities, including risk identification and management
- Create and review Risk assessments using 5 x 5 matrix Create and review Toolbox talks
- Support in maintaining the company’s ISO 14001 (environmental) and OHSAS 18001/45001 (health and safety), approved Business Management Systems
- Support in third party, site audits and inspections.Provide support and advice to team members on HS&E and management system issues
- Conduct internal audits and inspections of manufacturing processes and business departments and resolution tracking
- Involvement in continual improvement initiatives on manufacturing and business processes, in HS&E management with the aim of improved HS&E performance
- Develop and maintain procedures for HS&E management and supporting the planning and implementation process.
Key Skills and Experience
- Workplace experience in Health and Safety in manufacturing environment essential
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Permit to Work and Control of Contractors experience desirable
- Liaising with Maintenance/Facilities teams desirable
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent essential
- NEBOSH General certificate or equivalent desirable but not essential
- Leadership skills
- Can communicate effectively at all levels
- Coaching skills
- Team working
- Man-management skills
- Computer literate (Word/Excel)
- Building internal relationships with customer
NB: This position would suit someone currently operating as a health and safety coordinator looking to take the next step, training options available to right candidate.
As well as a highly competitive salary you will also benefit from our comprehensive benefits package which includes EAP, Private medical insurance, Contributory pension scheme and other employee benefits.
Apply for this job using the application form below.
Share this vacancy
Health and Safety Advisor