Position type: Full time, 40hrs per week (7.30am - 4.30pm Monday - Thursday, 7.30am - 1.30pm Friday)
Salary: £36,831 plus overtime
Closing date: 15/02/2024
Brodie Engineering: A Leading Rolling Stock Engineering Business offers a comprehensive range of refurbishment, maintenance, overhaul, engineering support, project management, and repair services to the UK rail and light rail sector.
We operate from our depots in Kilmarnock, Scotland and provide a mobile service to the rail industry over the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland.
We are looking to recruit Welders to work on rail vehicles, internally and externally to the standards specified in project work instructions.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Both coded 135 MAG semi-automatic welding to BS EN 287 standards and MIG welding
- Aluminium, stainless steel and steel welding on a variety of materials 2mm to 25mm, including corrossion work on train body panels
- Use of hand tools, buffing and grinding panels in preparation for welding
- Individual specification welds - brackets, structural beam work, joints and sole bars
- Infrastructure design and build on specific projects
- CSWIP - Welding inspection
- Working as part of a team, completing the necessary paperwork and work instructions
- Promote Brodie Engineering’s behavioural expectations by enhancing and supporting working relationships within the business, customers and external agencies.
- Comply with all Brodie Engineering policies as detailed in the Employee Handbook
- As Brodie Engineering is a small team there will be times when there will be other duties as required through the business's peaks and troughs where flexibility will be vital to our success.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally come from an engineering / commercial environment with experience on rail vehicles
- Must be time served with the relevant qualifications from accredited bodies.
- Good attention to detail – able to identify issues and find ways to rectify them
How to Apply:
If you wish to register your interest or find out more please go to the careers page of our website at: https://brodie-engineering.co.uk/careers/ or telephone Marie Gray, HR Manager on 01563 546280.
In the first instance, please send in your CV and give us a flavour of what has attracted you to this role, if we think we match, we will invite you to meet us and discuss the role in more detail.
Applications will only be accepted from candidates already eligible to work in the UK and no relocation will be available for this role.
Apply for this job using the application form below.